RTB Seattle Chapter Resources
"Removing the divide between science and the Bible"
Email the Chapter
The Seattle chapter of Reasons To Believe is a local extension of the worldwide, interdenominational Reasons To Believe ministry. We exist to support our parent organization and foster local involvement in Reasons To Believe. We serve the west side of Washington State and are composed of people of different ages and backgrounds. It is our conviction that the same God who created the universe inspired the Bible. Therefore, what God says through His written word must agree with the facts of nature. We reject the notion that science and the Bible are at odds and believe that new scientific discoveries are adding to the already compelling case for the God of the Bible. The Reasons To Believe ministry is at the forefront of these issues. Whether you are looking for scientific support for your faith or answers to questions about God and science, we look forward to introducing you to Reasons To Believe and connecting you with the local chapter.
The Seattle Chapter exists to establish a dialogue with non-believers, remove the doubts of skeptics and strengthen the faith of believers. We provide scientific, historical and philosophical evidence that supports the Christian worldview and helps remove the barriers to a belief in God, the Bible and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To carry out our mission, we:
- Distribute a periodic newsletter every few months that addresses issues relating to science, theology and the Bible.
- Train Christians to shed their fear of science and use it as an effective tool to spread the Gospel.
- Provide speakers to expose people to the Reasons To Believe ministry and address science and the Bible issues.
- Work with teachers and school administrators to achieve a balanced approach to the teaching of Darwinian evolution.
- Bring high caliber speakers into the area to address issues relating to science, theology and the Bible.
- Foster the development of local discussion groups that address science, the Bible, and related topics.
- Build alliances with local churches, ministries, and groups to maximize the exposure of the Reasons To Believe ministry.
Our free chapter newsletter was sent periodically from 2002 to 2012. It included a variety of articles by local apologists and issues are archived below. To view them, you must have a PDF reader compatible with Adobe Reader.
You can also download an index of the articles and book reviews (MS Word document).
The chapter administers a training program in conjunction with the home office of Reasons To Believe. This course is designed for people who want an in-depth understanding of science and the Bible and, more importantly, to use science to strengthen the faith of believers and minister to non-believers. Get info on our training course using the email address at the top of the page.
To learn more about the Seattle Chapter of Reasons To Believe or talk to us about your questions, objections, doubts and concerns, email us using the email address at the top of the page